SAP SAP iXp intern - Analytics Developer - SAP Leonardo Program Office Job in Vancouver, Canada
Requisition ID: 186837
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
What is SAP iXp?
SAP’s Internship Experience Project is a paid program that gives university students the space to find purpose in their careers. We believe that through placing passionate people on the right teams, providing leadership and learning opportunities, and working on impactful projects, purpose is born. Piqued your interest?
Three reasons to apply for SAP iXp:
• No more fetching coffee: Work on in-depth projects, emerging products and technologies that drive business results.
• Lifelong learning: Meet with mentors, make new friends, and attend learning sessions from diverse subject matter experts.
• Gain visibility: With iXp in your title, you’ll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs, and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
What you’ll do:
• Position Title: Analytics Developer – SAP Leonardo Program Office Intern
• Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
• Expected start date to end date: September 4, 2018- May 3, 2019
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
As a member of the SAP Leonardo Program Office team, the intern will play an active role in supporting the end to end reporting solutions development and implementation. You will play an active role in setup, development, deployment of various components required to support the program office various technical landscapes. If you are someone that’s passionate about technology, business, data analytics and reporting. This is the right job for you.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
Development and Infrastructure
• Development / coding of SAP internal tools to enable end to end reporting solutions
• Data Modelling
• System implementation, testing, deployment and maintenance
• Gather user requirements, prioritize and execute in timely manner
• Create executive dashboards that are meaningful and insightful
• Perform integration of multiple systems by writing scripts and utilizing internal tools that are built within SAP
• Account administration and tooling technical support for the development team
Project and Business Operation
• Support key project drivers and managers in the team throughout the project delivery cycle by:
o Assist in the planning and coordination of meetings and follow-up of action items and key issues
o Assist in quality management for the projects
o Support day to day activities related to project management
o Perform data analysis and provide reports and insights on discovery
o Provide ad-hoc reporting services for senior management team
Who you are:
We’re looking for someone who can challenge the status quo and likes to stay curious. You enjoy working on meaningful projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Computer Science or Software Engineering major; Business minor preferred
• Passionate about building software and have career aspirations to be part of software industry
• Basic knowledge of software development life cycle is strongly preferred
• Experience with SQL scripting, data modelling and database design
• Experience with BI tools and ability to manipulate date via scripts
• Experience with SAP HANA, SAP Cloud Platform or Fiori is preferred but not mandatory.
• Able to meet tight deadlines
• Learn and pick up new tasks quickly
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent organization skills ability to multi-task several projects and prioritize work
• Excellent trouble shooting and problem solving skills
• Must be detail oriented and process oriented
• Proactive in solving issues and asking questions
• Understand and follow instructions
• Requires candidates to currently be enrolled in an undergraduate, Masters, MBA or PhD degree program that is applicable to the position
• Transcripts required
• Cover Letters preferred but not required
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Additional Locations :