SAP DevOps Engineer - SAP Analytics Cloud Job in Vancouver, Canada
Requisition ID: 191074
Work Area: Information Technology
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Do you want to help us build and launch our next generation cloud-based Analytics platform in a fast-paced startup culture that has the muscle and stability of SAP? Are you a passionate coder who wants an opportunity to learn new things while honing your skills using leading edge technologies for Cloud, Big Data, Mobile, SAP HANA (in Memory) and modern Visualization? Do you thrive in a team with strong engineers to learn from and where all members of the engineering team, including management are close to the code and making technical contributions? If so, then this is the right job for you! Help us shape the future.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
Because we work on the cutting edge, we need someone who is eager to learn, a creative problem solver, resourceful in getting things to work and productive working independently or collaboratively. In your average week, you will
• Develop, test and maintain build systems, CI/CD framework/tools
• Automate and streamline deployment processes
• Develop and maintain monitoring systems that overlooks our build landscape
• Lead efforts in automation, continuous deployment, build, and configuration management
• Assess new technology projects and tools, or migrate our environments to new versions to keep up with the rapid pace of change
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science or Engineering
• Ability to work well in a team as well as independently and have a positive self-motivated can-do attitude
• Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
• Experience with automation/configuration management
• Excellent troubleshooting skills in Linux environment
• Understanding of web application servers
• Experience with Source control such as GIT
Bonus if you have:
• Experience with Docker
• Experience/knowledge of administering application servers, web servers and databases (Jetty, Tomcat, Nginx, Apache etc)
At least 3-5 years of experience developing web applications which can be in co-op terms or academic projects. Bonus if done in a team environment in a software company.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Additional Locations :