SAP Senior DevOps Engineer Job in Shanghai, China
Requisition ID: 179279
Work Area: Information Technology
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP SuccessFactors provides the industry leading cloud-based Human Capital Management (HCM) software solutions using the Software as a Service (SaaS) model. The SuccessFactors HCM Suite includes a complete set of tightly integrated talent management solutions, robust workforce analytics and planning, plus a next generation core HR solution. With over 3600 customers and more than twenty million users in 177 countries, SuccessFactors HCM Software is the most adopted Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business software in the world.
SuccessFactors Operation Center is responsible for Operating SAP SuccessFactors HCM Cloud Products.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our SAP HCM SaaS Cloud Service Build & Delivery organization, to work in cross product service builds and transition into operations. Enggineer will work in DevOps role to manage delivery of quality product builds into production Environments.
He/She will be directly responsible to get the product builds automated, sync with engineering and operations in developing multiple release plans.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Act as a interface with Product Management ,Engineering teams and participate in Service Design, release planning and service transition.
• Assess product architecture, layout design in a multi-tenant cloud environment against industry best practice
• Configuration management, task management, aptitude for automation, strong understanding of the interplay of application to OS/server/storage/network layer
• Work across service delivery operations teams to develop procedures and gather operational metrics for SaaS cloud application.
• Should have worked in service management process oriented environment.
• Participate in the building of tools and processes to support the infrastructure
• Develop self-healing methods from within existing deployment processes
• Develop implementation architecture, solution documentation and collateral standards for turn-over to operations.
• Must be able to qualify, define and estimate development efforts for projects ranging from Small to Extra Large
• Bring the ability to understand and explain complex technical environments, at the same time reducing complexity
• End to End application flow evaluation and documentation.
• Experience in hands-on software development and agile methodology
• Operate the platform within our security and privacy guidelines
• Act pro-actively and success-driven, with a “can do” attitude
• Excellent verbal, communication and executive level presentation skills.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• 3-6 years of professional work experience as a DevOps Engineer.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
Knowledge of infrastructure automation solutions and configuration management using (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, CloudFormation etc.)
Hands-on experience in managing at least one application Servers like WebLogic, WebSphere ,JBoss or Tomcat, Ruby on Rails.
Hands-on experience in managing at least one web Servers like Apache Tomcat, IIS, NGNIX or PHUSION PASSENGER.
Knowledge in Java environments, Java Application Server administration and JVM tuning is a plus.
Advanced Knowledge in containers management.
Advanced Knowledge of Application clustering / load balancing concepts and technologies
Advanced Knowledge of Linux and/or Windows Operating Systems and Administration.
Advanced knowledge of application clustering / load balancing concepts and technologies.
Advanced knowledge of code and script (Ex: Ruby, Bash or powershell etc).
Advanced knowledge of utilize database queries using PLSQL.
Experience with atleast one Public Cloud Infrastructure like Amazon, Azure, Google cloud
Experience in Public IaaS and OpenStack infrastructure environments .
Hands-on experience with monitoring tools like Zabbix,Nagios or Splunk.
Hands-on experience with continuous delivery tools like Jenkins,Rundeck.
Hands-on experience with version control tools like GIT,SVN, or Mercurial.
Experience with Windows and Active Directory is a plus.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations :