SAP Java Developer- P&I Big Data team Job in Shanghai, China
Requisition ID: 188925
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Purpose and Objective:
SAP is the global market leader for business software and thus contributes a considerable part of the world's economic power grid. At SAP you get your chance to put your ideas into action with maximum impact.
SAP now offers a solution that consists of the newly build SAP Data Hub product, it relies on SAP’s strong data management platforms SAP VORA and SAP HANA and includes Enterprise Information Management capabilities.
Our team has the mission to design and develop a massively scalable, multi-tenant aware and extremely fast Big Data solution that runs in multi-cloud environments. Besides cluster and landscape management it also includes engines like relational or graph and distributed query processing.
A central part of the system is a serverless infrastructure for data flow execution based on containers and Kubernetes. On top of this infrastructure we develop our next generation data-driven applications leveraging tools like image processing, statistical processing, machine learning and others.
Expectations and Tasks:
As a senior developer in the SAP P&I Big Data team you will be working with a group of exceptionally talented and motivated colleagues. You will need to:
• Identify relevant technology trends and drive education in related domains
• Write meticulous software implementations
• Be able to multiply your skills by actively mentoring other resources within the team
• Continually enhance your existing skills and seek new areas for personal development
• Be a strong, committed, reliable team player with a strong service ethic; as well as being a proactive networker, a self-starter and self-motivated. Your tasks will include developing new concepts in the following areas: Performance and Scale-out, Multi-tenancy concepts, Security, Cloud computing, and Transactions
Education and Qualifications:
• Very good Doctoral, Master's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields with
• 5 – 8 years of professional experience
• A solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structure, algorithms, and software design
• Excellent Java skill and experience in implementing performance critical algorithms
• Experience in working with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Kubernetes, Chef, Ansible)
• Strong knowledge of scripting language (for example in Python, server side Java script, SQL)
• Willingness to take responsibility, drive new developments, and work creatively on challenging and groundbreaking development tasks in accordance with the highest technical standards, plus a high level of commitment, team-spirit, flexibility, and initiative
• Working experience and domain knowledge in the area of data integration, data quality, data governance, master data management, is highly desired
• Knowledge in big data (such as Hadoop, Spark, etc.)
• Knowledge in cloud scale distributed systems
• Knowledge in database internals and query optimizations
• Knowledge in No SQL databases for processing high volume data
• Knowledge in design patterns and object oriented programming
• Experience in defining APIs on any level, defining web services
• Working knowledge in REST/oData/JSon
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Additional Locations :