SAP Hipmunk - Senior Product Designer Job in San Francisco, California
Requisition ID: 183008
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Career Level: T3
Recruiter Name: Tyler Poe
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
What we do
Hipmunk is the fastest, easiest way to plan travel for frequent travelers. We save millions of users time and money, by offering the most comprehensive travel search and showing the perfect flight or hotel at the cheapest price. With the recent launch of Concur Hipmunk, the company is also changing the game for small business travel, offering exclusive business travel discounts and seamless integration with Concur Expense and TripIt. There’s nothing more fun to us than taking on the big and audacious challenge of disrupting the travel industry, while dramatically changing the customer experience. And, we’re fortunate we get to do that every day—at scale!
Who we are
Acquired by SAP Concur in 2016 and based in San Francisco, CA, Hipmunk offers the best of both worlds: a start-up-like culture and independence, with the backing, infrastructure, and connections of the world’s largest provider of enterprise application software and a leader in cloud solutions. Hipmunk’s 50-person team is dynamic, passionate, and diverse. We’re focused on delivering powerful solutions to complex travel problems, while leveraging the upsides associated with a global powerhouse. We value an open, trusting, collaborative, and fun culture, allowing all of us to focus on getting stuff done quickly and to the highest of standards.
Hipmunk is looking for someone to join the Product Design team. We are looking for a talented, highly passionate designer with a strong foundation in visual design as well as a solid understanding of user experience, interaction and product design. You will have the opportunity to design across multiple platforms (desktop, tablet, and mobile) for a company that is continually recognized in the travel industry for its outstanding user experience.
· Design exceptionally beautiful product interfaces with a clear focus on usability
· Understand product requirements as they relate to business goals and create design solutions to solve these
· Think through extensive user flows and consider all edge cases when developing designs
· Design well thought-out solutions for usability challenges across platforms (desktop, tablet, and mobile)
· Clearly communicate reasons behind your designs
· Collaborate with other designers, developers, and product manager on product concepts and designs
· Perform user testing as appropriate
· 3-5 years work experience in a consumer internet or mobile company
· Curiosity and passion for crafting amazing experiences
· Strong portfolio highlighting your interaction, UX, and visual design skills and knowledge of product
· Interaction design expertise, including wireframe creation and prototyping
· UX expertise, including user interviews and testing
· Visual design expertise, including creating pixel perfect mockups
· Solid proficiency with standard design and prototyping tools (Sketch, Abobe Creative Suite, etc)
· Strong ability to communicate, justify your design decisions, and consider feedback from multiple teams within the company
· iOS / Android / mobile / responsive web design experience a plus
· Strong prototyping skills a plus
Perks and benefits
We build our company with the mindset that the best way to succeed is to hire great people and enable them to do their best work. So we're high on merit and low on risk-avoiding processes. We’re a tight-knit team who likes to hang out and have fun together. We have regular team off-sites and company happy hours once a month. We foster an environment of personal growth and learning and genuinely care about your well being. With a dog-friendly SOMA office, shared with our sister company, TripIt, we care about Fido’s well-being too! We offer very competitive salaries; medical/dental/life/disability insurance; transportation FSA; matching 401(k); a stock purchase plan; performance bonuses; training and career development pathways; and, catered lunches four days/week, with a kitchen stocked full of snacks and drinks.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Additional Locations :