SAP Technical Writer (User Assistance Developer) Job in Munich, Germany
Requisition ID: 186098
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The SAP Hybris TEK department (Technology Education and Knowledge) cares about providing services to a department of 300 people SAP Hybris Cloud Services and Support. The team consists of different specialists of various topic areas (7 team members) and works in global scope.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
• Help in creating and maintain documentation at SAP Hybris Cloud-services & Support department (at http://help.hybris.com ) - an information hub for developers using SAP Hybris Commerce Cloud
• Produce high-quality documentation in English in collaboration with subject matter experts (developers, support engineers, dev-ops engineers)
• Help to create department process documentation and validating and working on process outputs (e.g. RCA „Root Cause Analysis“ documents for customers)
• Work as a part of an agile team to gain an in-depth understanding of the product and documentation requirements
• Collaborate with other User Assistance Developer (Technical Writers) on documentation standards and information architecture
• Provide communication expertise and editing support to other colleagues within SAP Hybris Cloud-services & Support department
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Bachelor degree in Information Technologies, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent educational background
• Excellent writing and speaking English language skills preferable native speaker (German is not required)
• Ability to quickly understand complex technical concepts and make them understandable through documentation
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
• Strong organizational skills, structured thinking and a mindset of user advocacy
• Teamplayer mentality, hands-on attitude and eager to learn new things
• Essential understanding of Agile software development
• Preferred experience in XML, HTML, source code reading
• Basic knowledge of some modern programming languages (e.g. Java, C#, Scala, Ruby, Python etc.) is an advantage
• 2 year of proven experience in technical writing of software documentation
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.