SAP Software Developer (UI/UX focus) for Cloud Services Engineering - SAP Hybris Job in Munich, Germany
Requisition ID: 180998
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Graduate
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP’s vision is to help the world run better and improve people’s lives.
As the cloud company powered by SAP HANA®, SAP is a market leader in enterprise application software, helping companies of all sizes and industries run better. SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. SAP applications and services enable our customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
At SAP, we believe in the power of collaboration and empower our employees to perform at their best in an environment that encourages free and open expression of ideas. You’ll work alongside creative thinkers who share your interests, while turning big ideas into reality for our customers. With innovative job training, mentors to help you grow, and the flexibility to balance your work and personal life, you’ll be able to get more out of your career. It’s no wonder that some of the sharpest minds from around the world are working for a company that is consistently recognized as a global top employer.
Now it’s your turn to take the next step and help make the world Run Simple.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
As a member of the global Cloud Engineering team you will perform a variety of roles spanning the design, delivery, support, and continuous improvement of our proprietary cloud automation platform where Hybris Commerce solutions are deployed as a managed cloud service for our customers.
As a Software Developer, you will be involved in the development phase of automation projects as well as having technical responsibility for providing documentation, training, and support internally. This will involve working collaboratively with various teams and internal customers throughout the project life cycle.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
The role will include the following responsibilities:
• Web UI/UX developer with full-stack knowledge
• Work with Java, Spring Boot, REST API based systems
• Work in agile teams (Scrum) and with external stakeholders
• Contributing to the design and development of the Hybris Cloud Services automation platform to ensure it is highly available, reliable, and meets all related requirements
• Contributing to the development and implementation of the standards and processes framework supporting the automation platform and Hybris Cloud Services product
• Providing and maintaining technical documentation
• This role requires availability to on occasion work flexible hours
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Deep knowledge and experience with HTML5, CSS3
• Working experience with and/or developing Java, Spring Boot, REST API based systems
• Knowledge of SQL and source control systems like GIT
• Background in front-end and full-stack development and delivering highly quality products
• Good understanding of high availability, multi-tier web infrastructure and architectures
• Intermediate Linux administration skills (Debian, RedHat, CentOS, or SLES)
• Ability to effectively communicate designs and decisions to peers, customers and management
• Knowledge of infrastructure automation and orchestration concepts
• Effective team player to be able to work closely with peers and remote teams
• Fluency in English – verbal and written
Any of the following would be an asset:
• Experience with SAP Fiori
• Experience with Python, Ruby, Bash, Node.js
• Experience working in managed services or a cloud-based service provider environment
• Experience with automation, orchestration, & containerization concepts and tools like Ansible, Puppet, Docker, Kubernetes are considered an asset.
• Experience with Service bus, process engines
• Experience with VMware & vRealize (or similar) and use of their APIs
• Experience working with cloud providers like AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform and use of their APIs
• Experience using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins
• Experience with application performance monitoring (APM) tools such as Dynatrace
• ITIL Certification(s)
• 3-6 years of experience working with and/or developing Java, Spring Boot, REST API based systems
• 3-6 years of experience working within a Linux environment
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical, sensory and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please contact us at Careers.Germany@sap.com . Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.