SAP Senior Systems Engineer - SAP Hybris Job in Munich, Germany
Requisition ID: 180414
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP’s vision is to help the world run better and improve people’s lives.
As the cloud company powered by SAP HANA®, SAP is a market leader in enterprise application software, helping companies of all sizes and industries run better. SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. SAP applications and services enable our customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
At SAP, we believe in the power of collaboration and empower our employees to perform at their best in an environment that encourages free and open expression of ideas. You’ll work alongside creative thinkers who share your interests, while turning big ideas into reality for our customers. With innovative job training, mentors to help you grow, and the flexibility to balance your work and personal life, you’ll be able to get more out of your career. It’s no wonder that some of the sharpest minds from around the world are working for a company that is consistently recognized as a global top employer.
Now it’s your turn to take the next step and help make the world Run Simple.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
With the advent of Cloud Everything, software development and IT infrastructure operations are merging at increasing speed. Developers focus more and more on releasing software. Operations are implementing more and more infrastructure as code. Software developers are required to operate their services in the Cloud ("you build it, you run it") while people who traditionally operated hardware infrastructure now need to learn coding in Groovy, Python et. al. DevOps culture aims to bring both disciplines closer together creating new learnings and new positions in its wake.
Our team of dedicated engineers is responsible for providing and operating the systems and services that form the backbone of SAP Hybris’ development infrastructure.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
We are looking for a talented and experienced individual to join our team. As an experienced Engineer you are aware of the challenges modern software development teams are facing. You have worked in a range of different environments and have developed over the years your expertise in both developing and operating different kinds of solutions. Your inquisitive nature keeps you up to date with modern technologies like Docker/Kubernetes. You come with a strong Linux background and are equally at home on virtual machines and containers.
If you are up for the challenge, we offer you the position of Senior Systems Engineer in our Central Services Infrastructure team.
You will be facing many different challenges like but not limited to the following:
• Implementing efficient container orchestration for all development teams
• Operate central tools on our own cloud as well as on public cloud offerings
• Liaise with many different departments and teams locally and globally
• Operate all of our offerings in full 24/7 fashion
• Improve parts of the SAP Hybris product
• Experiment with future State-of-the-art technologies at large scale in our private DC
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• University degree or similar education in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Engineering
• Experience working with container technologies and with container orchestration technologies (e.g. Mesos, Kubernetes)
• Strong Linux know-how
• Experience with working in private/public cloud environments
• Experience in using automation technologies (scripting, configuration management)
• Good understanding of security requirements from an infrastructure perspective
• Good understanding of the DevOps mind-set
• Ability to work in a globally distributed environment
• Strong communication and networking skills
• Fluent English language skills (both verbal and written)
• Working knowledge of agile methodologies
• Strong customer focus
• Strong drive for quality
• 5 years professional experience creating and operating infrastructure for development teams
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical, sensory and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please contact us at Careers.Germany@sap.com . Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.