SAP Senior Developer for Cloud-Native Applications Job in Munich, Germany
Requisition ID: 186061
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP Customer Experience solutions provide omnichannel customer engagement and commerce software that allows organizations to build up a contextual understanding of their customers in real time. The solutions deliver a more impactful, relevant customer experience and help sell more goods, services and digital content across every touch point, channel and device. Through their state-of-the-art customer analytics, context-driven customer engagement tools and unified commerce processes, SAP Customer Experience solutions have helped some of the world’s leading organizations attract, retain and grow a profitable customer base.
We are seeking a passionate senior developer to add to our Context-Driven Services team (part of SAP Commerce Cloud) to support the implementation of our next-generation, microservices-based, data-driven Customer Experience solution. This allows businesses to create, maintain, and continually extend customer profiles from a range of data sources including our own Commerce, Marketing, and Loyalty products, and to enable a personalized omnichannel experience. SAP Commerce Cloud, Context-Driven Services provide excellent data privacy, consent management, and data transparency. We are using the latest big-data technologies to implement a world-class software product.
The successful candidate must come with a strong track record of developing cloud-native solutions and understand the challenges of big data and large-scale applications. We want to see Vision, Team Spirit, Pragmatism and Empathy.
Read about the experiences of your future peers here: http://hackingat.hybris.com/
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
This role involves full software development lifecycle for a big-data, cloud-native solution, including:
• Be an active member of an agile team to design and implement a solution for data collection, processing & analysis
• Analyze and provide feedback to product requirements, influence and/or decide on technology selection for the platform, develop proofs-of-concepts to validate various approaches and assumptions
• Take ownership from design of a feature through first lines of code to how it performs in production ("you build it, you run it")
• Take operational responsibility for the provided solutions (deployment, monitoring, telemetry, maintenance, incident handling)
• Put high quality of the product first throughout the entire development cycle, ensure and maintain full automation of testing and release processes
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
• Strong knowledge of an recent programming experience in Java incl. the Spring framework
• Experience in building and operating big-data cloud-native applications
• Good knowledge of source control, continuous integration and continuous deployment systems (preferably Git & Jenkins, Bamboo would by a plus)
• Knowledgeable of cloud software quality assurance techniques: TDD, code reviews, unit and integration tests (e.g. JUnit, Spock Framework), automated tests (e.g. PhantomJS), static code analysis & security testing (e.g. SonarQube, Fortify)
• Knowledgeable of native-cloud oriented technologies like Docker & Kubernetes
• Good communication skills and fluency in English (both verbal and written)
• Experience with cloud platform providers & technologies, preferably AWS
• Experience writing RESTful web services with JSON
• Experience with the following technologies: Cloud Foundry, Hystrix, Istio, RabbitMQ, Cassandra
• Experience with the agile software development process, preferably with scrum
• Ability to write clear, concise documentation and communications for both technical and non-technical audiences
• Hands-on experience with non-relational databases
• Technical Knowledge about SAP Hybris Commerce would be a plus
• 4 years of experience in professional software development/engineering
• Working experience in a multi-team international enterprise environment
• Working experience in marketing, retail, or other domains with customer data is preferred
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.