SAP Quality Engineer Job in Munich, Germany
Requisition ID: 184942
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 20%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The development team for the SAP Hybris Suite is seeking a committed Quality Engineer with experience in test automation and cloud-based application quality assurance.
Our Scrum Team will design, deliver, operate and support Reuse Services by exposing our central data model and capabilities to offer them as business services on the SAP CP Marketplace. The Reuse Services will allow for easy integration, consumption and interaction with business entities to leverage existing business functionality and will play a central role for our Intelligent Enterprise Suite. As Quality Engineer in our team you will play a key role in ensuring that we deliver high quality code in short iterations.
As part of our development teams, you will have abundant opportunities to demonstrate your abilities and learn new skills.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
• Define a holistic quality and test automation strategy for the deliverables of your team
• Automate unit, feature and integration tests
• Closely collaborate with our DevOps team to improve and enhance our delivery pipeline
• Foster quality mindset in your team an enable your team members to deliver high quality code
• Support your team in achieving compliance to product standards, ISO, SOC and PCI requirements
• Continuously improve your teams work methods to gain state-of-the-art agile software engineering skills
• Demonstrates full responsibility for accepted tasks and therefore demonstrates a good level of quality, speed, reliability and efficiency
• Execute functional acceptance tests (Exploratory testing) together with the product owner(s) to validate the service
• Define, monitor and contribute to the achievement of quality KPIs by addressing and resolving blockers efficiently
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Master degree in computer science or engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience in test automation for cloud-based applications
• Good understanding of IT relevant standards
• Good Understanding and practical experience with Agile testing practices like Unit Testing, Test Automation, Test Driven Development (TDD)
• Willingness to continuously learn new technologies and methodologies
• Strong team-oriented interpersonal skills
• Fluent English language skills (both verbal and written)
• Passion for fast paced environments, work challenges and an international set-up
• Additional language skills such as German
• Minimum of 4 years of experience working in software development teams
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.