SAP Principal Product Manager for Real-time Customer Experience Solutions Job in Munich, Germany
Requisition ID: 186099
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 20%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP Hybris solutions provide omnichannel customer engagement and commerce software that allows organizations to build up a contextual understanding of their customers in real time. The solutions deliver a more impactful, relevant customer experience and help sell more goods, services and digital content across every touch point, channel and device. Through their state-of-the-art customer analytics, context-driven customer engagement tools and unified commerce processes, SAP Hybris solutions have helped some of the world’s leading organizations attract, retain and grow a profitable customer base.
We are seeking a senior, passionate and opinionated product manager who is experienced in leading a global team of product managers and can steer our microservices product development next generation, data-driven Commerce Experience solutions.
The successful candidate must come with a strong track record of delivering Customer Experience applications for Commerce related businesses, and understands the challenges of applying data-driven personalization approaches in large-scale business-to-consumer scenarios. They also have a deep understanding of how enterprise software must be customised to meet the needs of individual industries, and will understand how to achieve this as part of a multi-tenant, microservice-based offering. They will demonstrate strategies for how to innovate in stages, in context of existing technology towards a target vision. We want to see Vision, Leadership, Pragmatism and Empathy.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
• Building market-leading and innovative software based on the principles of the cloud
• Define Product vision and roadmap, based on immediate customer requirements and longer term strategy
• Lead a team of product managers, enabling them to translate product vision and roadmap into an executable development backlog
• Perform competitive analysis in determining and prioritizing feature requirements for existing and new products
• Manage collaboration with all relevant stakeholders, like product marketing, pre-sales, training, along the entire product life cycle
• Work with agile Development Teams, Software Architects and User Interface Designers on realizing the Product
• Speak at Commerce related occasions
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• University degree with a numerical focus, e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Economics or similar
• Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
• Knowledge and experience of Customer Experience or Personalization solutions
• Experience with customer driven innovation along SaaS software development lifecycle
• Proven ability to lead initiatives and programs, report progress, establish & deliver milestones
• Proven ability to collaborate successfully with engineering teams in an Agile software environment
• Fluent verbal and written English communication skills
• Strong experience with applying data-driven optimization techniques to real-world problems
• Thorough understanding of SaaS technologies as well as the entire software development lifecycle
• 10 years of professional work experience is mandatory
• 5 years of product management experience, ideally in the area of e-commerce and/or marketing
• Line management experience
• Professional experience in software development, ideally with a focus on building APIs and services for the cloud
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.