SAP Product Support Engineer Job in Montreal, Canada
Requisition ID: 183909
Work Area: Customer Service and Support
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
SAP Hybris software helps businesses on every continent sell more goods, services and digital content through every touch point, channel and device. Join a global team that promotes an empowered culture, allowing all employees the ability to contribute and to make a difference. We value people that do what it takes to deliver superior results to our customers. At SAP Hybris you will find a challenging work environment with smart, dynamic colleagues and a culture of embracing innovative technology and new ideas.
As a member of the Platform Support team you perform a variety of roles spanning the design, delivery, support and management of customer environments where Hybris commerce solutions have been deployed and implemented as a managed cloud service.
As a Platform Support specialist, you will be involved in the implementation phase of projects as well as having technical responsibility for customer sites after they are live. This will involve working collaboratively with customers, partners and Hybris Cloud Services teams providing quality operational support after go-live to ensure high availability and performance of customer sites hosted by SAP Hybris Cloud Services on a 24x7x365 basis.
1) Incident Solving
2) Knowledge Transfer
3) Support without Incidents
4) Additional Tasks
1) Incident Solving
· Perform root cause analysis and provide solutions in complex environments for specific fields/areas
· Provide workarounds and emergency corrections where no immediate solution can be given
· Provide solutions in complex environments in cooperation with development support
· Focus on critical incidents
· Assume functional responsibility for an area in Commerce Cloud Support (Topic Owner or NEXUS)
· Global Escalation handling
2) Knowledge Transfer
· Own trainings and workshops
· Take ownership of product rollout and end-user documentation
· Create and Publish Knowledge Base articles and WIKI Documents
· Contribute to online customer forums
· Create and Publish White Papers
· Drive creation of Knowledge in area of expertise and drive proactively proliferation of knowledge created externally and internally
· Drive incident deflection initiatives
· Strengthen the community
3) Support Without Incidents (SWI)
· Contribute ideas to help towards the cloud organization vision
· Volunteer to participate in projects aimed at achieving the cloud organization vision
· Carry out new tasks as requested by leadership to help achieve the cloud organization vision for example participate in the real-time interaction and different personas.
4) Additional Tasks
· Work as functional expert in de-escalation and war rooms
· Support the management
· Provide extended and 24 hour coverage
· Perform weekend duty manager tasks
· Report errors to development organizations and provide feedback for the development of new SAP notes
· Lead internal projects, extended cross LoB activities/communication
· Analyze incident pattern and trends in area of functional expertise such as increasing incident volume or decreasing customer satisfaction and identify the root cause.
· Identify supportability gaps and work on innovating/ improving supportability tools.
· Understand the different teams in the organization and how to collaborate with them.
· Know how to handle complex/escalated cloud incidents, and can drive escalated conf-calls (including inviting all required stakeholders).
· Participate in Hybris Commerce Cloud war rooms (black friday, special promotion, migration, outages, escalations, ....)
· Collaborate with partner/Solution Integrator to resolve technical challenges on Commerce Cloud solution and manage overall customer satisfaction levels.
· Has overall knowledge of SAP Hybris products and advanced expertise in one or more TAL areas (core, integration, performance, …etc.).
· Master the use of Hybris Commerce Cloud troubleshooting tools (Passvault, Convergence portal, Dynatrace, Splunk, Grafana, and Ignite), and knows how to use monitoring/operational tools (Catchpoint, OpsView, SolarWind, Rundeck, Linux command, …etc).
· Is aware of platform and infrastructure standards (Apache/Tomcat confirguration, Firewalls, Load Balancer, VPN, DB, Security, … etc.)
· Document products standards and best practices, to be applied internally to Hybris Commerce Cloud and customer projects
· Be a Subject matter expert (SME) or advocate for Hybris Commerce Cloud & other teams on product standards, best practices to fulfil customer requirements & operational projects.
· Provide necessary training/onboarding/enablement sessions and material to cloud experts and all Hybris Commerce Cloud teams
· Keep upskilled on trending cloud technologies (Multicloud(Azure/GCP/SCP/AWS), Docker, Kubernetees, Artifactory, Git, Ansible, Jenkins) that could benefit Hybris Commerce Cloud through research and company training
· Specialist support skills (debugging, tracing, application troubleshooting) in overall commerce cloud products and advanced know-how in TAL areas of SAP Hybris e-commerce solution (Core, Performance, Integration, …)
· Project Management Skills
· 3-5 years of professional experience in J2EE, Spring Framework, or SAP Hybris framework programming
· Deep understanding of mission-critical business processes across customer solutions (hereunder HR processes)
· 1-3 years of professional experience in system administration, cloud automation, continuous integration, monitoring, system security or database administration
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Additional Locations :