SAP Project Principal Consultant Job in Madrid, Spain
Requisition ID: 189952
Work Area: Consulting and Professional Services
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Management
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
The Principal Project Manager is responsible for the overall management of a project throughout its lifecycle. The Principal Project Manager has the qualifications and business acumen to manage large scale, high risk, strategic projects, portfolios, and engagements that span organizational boundaries including multiple business units and service partners/vendors. They provide leadership to cross-functional teams responsible for delivering defined project outputs to time, budget and project quality criteria. Principal Project Manager also ensures adherence to project management methodology best practices, provides project manager mentoring, performs Project Management Reviews and reinforces the enterprise knowledge management through the communication of lessons learned and best practices development.
The Principal Project Manager assists during the Bid Phase of the customer engagement by providing input into the proposal especially in the area of delivery methodology and delivery model (e.g. SAP Delivery management model for delivery of particular customer project – like assemble-to-order, industrialized or design-based), project structure, organization, scoping, estimation and risk assessment.
The Principal Project Manager has ability to manage complex projects or smaller programs that require coordination of work between various parties like third party sub-contractors, SAP Custom Development, SAP Global Consulting Delivery, SLO, Cloud Delivery (incl. HEC), CoE and SAP Support organization.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Tasks
· Define appropriate delivery model for customer project as a composition of pre-defined services, on-site and/or remote delivery
· Scope and estimate the engagement
· Determine required resources for the project
· Assess, document and communicate risks for the engagement
· Position SAP Activate (and relevant variants) as the delivery methodology
· Conduct the project planning activities SAP Cross-LoB and manage the execution of large scale, high risk, or strategic projects according to plan (Opportunity Management, Initiating to Closing…)
· Evaluate complex situations accurately and identify viable solutions that create successful outcome for the customer.
· Manage relationship with project stakeholders, including internal and external clients, keeping stakeholders informed of progress and issues in order to manage expectations on all project requirements and deliverables.
· Manage and communicate a clear vision of the project’s objectives, and motivate the project team to achieve them; create a project environment that enables peak performance by team members.
· Ensure proper use of methodology, tools and procedures
· Ensures proper governance is in place to best meet project objectives and that this governance is operating effectively.
· Provide oversight over the end-to-end SAP engagement where required. Bring together siloes and ensure overall delivery accountability exists.
· Balance the trade-off of the triple- constraint (time, cost and scope) to realize the expected business value.
· Experience in delivering SAP primed Fixed Price Projects (FPP) or Time and Material (T&M) engagements.
· Evaluates strategic options and alternatives for delivering or offering services in a more efficient or cost-effective manner.
· Builds customer relationships with the clear expectation to deliver follow-on business or identify opportunities within an account. Deals with difficult issues at the customer and finds win-win solutions for both Customer and SAP.
· Proactively identify changes in work scope early and ensure appropriate planning measures are taken with internal and external stakeholders to reassess and amend the scope of work requirements, budget and timeline.
· Manage the financial aspects of the project: budgeting and estimate to actual variance. Ensure quality forecasting is conducted to understand accurate financial position.
· Analyze risk, establish contingency plans ad identify trigger events and responsibilities for initiating mitigating action.
· Communicate and/or escalate project issues early to account management and delivery management. Drive de-escalation management on behalf of the project with SAP and customer stakeholders.
· Determine what constitutes successful closure for all parties. Gain acceptance and sign-off by all parties when prior to project closure.
· Plan and execute formal Quality Gate process following the Q-Gate approach in SAP Activate methodology.
· Proactively manage project stakeholder satisfaction to position and secure customer reference and success story.
· Engage with SSP or SSL if applicable to ensure P&L targets and KPI's are achieved. Closely collaborate with SSP or SSL in project delivery related topics.
Coaching and Mentoring
· Perform Project Management Reviews and mentor project managers on project management methodology, standards and processes.
· Coach to clarify assignments and deliverables to project team; review quality of work and manage integration of team members’ work; provide performance input to project team members’ functional management.
· Takes responsibility from time to time as team lead and supports respective line manager(s) in people development tasks
· Maintain project documentation and updates to relevant knowledge management bases; analyze lessons learned and share with the organization’s project management community.
· Participate in the development of project management best practices.
Competencies and Skills / SAP Values
· Experience in the industry the customer belongs to (core processes and trends of the industry) is a plus
· Excellent understanding of SAP solutions and of the consulting business processes and functions.
· Highly developed business acumen.
· Liaison and consultative skills: negotiating skills within a context of high political sensitivity and conflicting interests.
· Strong writing, mentoring, decision making, communication, and meeting facilitation skills; ability to utilize a combination of formal authority and persuasion skill sets.
· Ability to train and mentor project managers or teams in project management methodologies.
· Knowledge of the strategic and operational issues of project management.
· A clear vision of what determines a successful project for the customer and for the enterprise.
· Knowledge of and competency in project management processes including planning tasks, resource allocation, risk management, time management, financial management, HR management, quality management, monitoring and reporting, documenting and record keeping.
· Adaptability and flexibility to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change.
· Strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills; the ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience; competence in clear concise and tactful communication with senior executive management, clients, peers and team members
Experience & Language Requirements
5 – 7 years of project management experience in large scale, high risk, or strategic projects.
3 – 5 years of supervisory or coaching experience in teambuilding and leading teams.
Demonstrated experience leading cross functional teams within a formalized methodology.
Demonstrated expertise in creating and maintaining project deliverables such as, project charter, project management plan, status reports, project timesheets, communications plan, budget and schedule.
Demonstrated experience in managing issues, scope and quality while bring projects to successful completion within the cost and time requirements.
- Some international implementation experience required
Management and Leadership Experience
Management experience in managing medium size teams
Management experience of medium to large size and multilayered teams is desirable
Management of remote resources (global delivery or distributed organization)
P&L of LoB in medium to large organization is desirable
Experience in managing project P&L in cross-LoB delivery of SAP engagement
Cultural awareness and experience working across different cultures and nationalities
Strong leadership and people management skills are desirable
Leading in matrix organization and without formal authority a plus
Required undergraduate university degree, preferably in commerce, engineering, information technologies or equivalent training and job experience.
Professional Training & Certification
PMP certification and /or other industry and project management certifications
PM Fundamentals class certification or similar
Project Leadership Excellence (PLEX), Excellence in Delivery Management (EDM) or similar interpersonal skills course
Understanding of SAP Solution Manager
SAP S/4HANA Training Programs – including management of digital transformation projects, management of projects with Premium Engagement, Enterprise Support, Custom Development, System Landscape Optimization, Cloud (SaaS), HANA Enterprise Cloud and internet of things projects
SAP Activate certification CACT2016 SAP Activate Project Manager
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Additional Locations :