SAP HANA Database Administrator Job in Budapest, Hungary
Requisition ID: 172854
Work Area: Information Technology
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
HCM Cloud Delivery Budapest Database team is a key organization, responsible for Operating SAP’s HCM Cloud Products Databases. Team needs to ensure, that the various Database landscapes are running well.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
• Installation, Configurations and maintenance of database software
• Database upgrades, patching, data migrations
• Develop and implement database backup and recovery solutions
• Control system resources usage and perform capacity planning, perform troubleshooting and diagnostics activities
• Collect and analyze database performance information; identify and implement solutions to resolve performance related problems
• Query optimization and tuning skills including cross database and cross server queries, analysis and troubleshooting interactions between databases, operating systems and applications with regard to performance and resources usage
• Experience in database programming concepts including structured query language, stored procedures and triggers
• Creating database tables, setting up indexes, data constraints and DB views. Analyze, predict through trend analysis and resolve database system, storage and application issues
• Monitor SQL jobs in production and be responsible for load/hardware analysis mapping, fault tolerance and security.
• Evaluate and implement database technologies and utilities
• Review and implement database changes
• Provide timely response to system alerts and participate in the on-call schedule
• Participate in 24x7 rotation shift supporting production and non-production databases
• Drive Operational efficiency topics
• Work closely with Internal / External Stakeholders, Development Architects / Managers & developers, across locations and ensure timely delivery.
• Proficient in spoken and written English
• Customer focus driven, highly motivated & Flexible
• Participate and contribute towards organization’s goals and objectives, collaborating with multiple teams and solutions.
• Minimum 2 years of database administration preferably with Oracle / MsSQL and support / operations experience, with a successful delivery track
• Should have had delivery ownership roles
• HANA knowledge is a plus
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations :