SAP Senior DevOps Engineer Job in Berlin, Germany
Requisition ID: 193774
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Coresystems – now part of SAP – is a field service software company helping mid- and large enterprises manage field services. Our solution brings together the right data at the right moment to delight customers and drive business results - all delivered in the cloud to any mobile device with artificial intelligence in real-time. We’re transforming field service with cutting edge technology to help companies create perfect service moments and delight customers.
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Senior DevOps Engineer
We are looking for a talented Senior DevOps Engineer to join our motivated team in our Windisch (Switzerland) or Berlin (Germany) office. As DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for the run, monitoring and improvement of our infrastructure which is hosted in four different locations around the globe. With your solid experience and know-how, you will develop together with our software developers new robust, scalable and secure services to provide best "core moments" to our customers!
CURIOUS ABOUT THE DAY-TO-DAY?
• Run and optimize (together with our team) services in Kubernetes in robust and scalable manners
• Maintain and improve our services based on AWS services like EC2, RDS, S3 and more
• Migrate existing services to our Kubernetes infrastructure
• Automate our infrastructure following the patterns of infrastructure as code
• Provide technical support to our local and remote employees
• Evaluate and implement new solution with reliability, scalability and security in mind
• Work with a wide range of technologies and approaches like Docker, Kubernetes, Nodejs, Java, Python, Puppet, CI/CD, Scrum, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Prometheus and others
• Solid professional experience in administration of Linux operating system (at least 4 years)
• Experience with administrating AWS services and other public cloud workloads
• Familiar with Docker and Kubernetes
• Strong knowledge of the HTTP protocol, RESTful APIs and TCP/IP networking
• Board know-how in running web applications based on technologies like Java Spring, Node.js, NGINX and HAProxy as well as good knowledge in database technologies, preferable PostgreSQL
• Advanced skills in system automation tools such as Puppet and scripting with Bash and Python
• Flexible team player with the ability to quickly assess problems and find workable solutions
• Skilled to synthesize information, distill relevant facts and reach logical conclusions
• Fluent English (oral and written)
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.