SAP Senior Backend Developer - Core Platform Job in Berlin, Germany
Requisition ID: 193771
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Coresystems – now part of SAP – is a field service software company helping mid- and large enterprises manage field services. Our solution brings together the right data at the right moment to delight customers and drive business results - all delivered in the cloud to any mobile device with artificial intelligence in real-time. We’re transforming field service with cutting edge technology to help companies create perfect service moments and delight customers.
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Senior Backend Developer - Core Platform
To join our team in Berlin, we are looking for a dedicated Senior Backend Developer who can hit the ground running and take our product to the next level, as we scale up and develop our business in our target markets. The engineers who are building our Core Platform work across the stack, always willing to go the extra mile to deliver the highest quality in enterprise software. As a Backend Developer for Coresystems you are building the Microservices of today that will redefine tomorrow's Field Service.
CURIOUS ABOUT THE DAY-TO-DAY?
• Improving our cloud backend and developing APIs for our mobile and web
• Working on our Core Platform and delivering and ensuring high class backend services
• Collaborating closely with the Product Manager and UX teams to gain a deep understanding of the problem space and how the end user interacts with the application
• Preforming a technical analysis of requirements, estimating and delivering new features
• Monitoring the performance of the application and focusing on continuously improving it
• Developing robust, scalable applications and stay updated with the latest development trends
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with Java (Scala beneficial)
• Proficiency in Microservices and RESTFUL web services
• Good knowledge of SQL, PostgreSQL is an advantage and comfortable with Linux
• Familiar with Spring Framework (MVC, data, security, batch, boot)
• Experience developing/designing high performant middleware components
• Strong understanding of TDD and DDD is a plus
• Familiarity with building and managing automated build/test/deployment environments
• Fluency in English (German is a plus)
• You are an open-minded team player who enjoys collaborating with team members as well as taking over responsibility and working independently
• You are interested in exploring new technologies and have the desire to be part of a dynamic and challenging culture
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.