SAP Support Associate Job in Bangalore, India
Requisition ID: 182929
Work Area: Consulting and Professional Services
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
JOBTITLE: Associate Support Engineer
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP Cloud Product Support Team high end Product Support for customers of various Products in Cloud portfolio of SAP, namely:
• Successfactors BizX Suite
• SuccessFactors Learning Management System
• SuccessFactors Workforce Planning & Analytics
• SAP Business ByDesign
• SAP Cloud for Customer
• ...........and more
With 6 locations across the world, SAP CS Delivery has a high performing team of Support Engineers, whose mission is “Beautiful Products deserve Beautiful Support”. By providing end-to-end support and services for all SAP’s OnDemand solutions, SAP Cloud Product Support contributes significantly to the success of Cloud Business of SAP . Within our team, we practice a trust-based working model
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
Support Engineer is accountable for troubleshooting & driving the resolution of product issues while engaging with all levels in the Support & Operations teams and ensuring consistent and up-to-date communication with customers.
Detailed Roles & Responsibilities:
• Engage with customer on phone to assess the business impact of an issue.
• Analyze configurations, application and system log files to determine the cause of issue.
• Work closely with peers globally to ensure issue resolution in line with SLAs.
• Maintain accountability for an issue until the same is resolved.
• Provide quick solution for already known & documented issues.
• Logically work through problems to determine their cause and how they can be resolved.
• Report errors/bugs to Development.
• Provide consulting for customers on procedural issues and queries.
• Share knowledge & best practices with the team.
• Delivery of valuable content for Product Support Knowledge Base.
• Contribute to Technical Knowledge Database.
• Give an accurate daily handover of all business-critical occurrences to peers in other locations across the globe.
• Participate in weekend support coverage as per roster planned globally.
• Continually develop expertise on new releases and product as demanded by business environment.
• Working in shifts which may be rotational (24/7)
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
(Aggregate of 60% across is mandatory)
• Engineering degree or,
• Masters in Science (Physics & Mathematics) or,
• Bachelor’s degree in any discipline complemented by equivalent work experience
• Total experience at least 2 years out of which,
• 2 years of directly-related work experience in supporting or implementing
SuccessFactors Solutions or equivalent products in HRIS & Learning do
• Working knowledge of XML, Java, J2EE, HTML.
• Very good understanding of RDBMS database concepts, SQL.
• Familiarity with operating system, networking concepts.
• Having worked in Implementation, Consulting, Support or Key-User roles in
• any business application will be an asset.
• Good understanding of standard business processes & scenarios.
• Strong customer focus.
• High attention to detail in identifying root-cause.
• Ability to understand customer’s business process and able to use that
• knowledge to anticipate best mode of resolution.
• Strong analytical & logical skills.
• Strong problem resolution, analysis and documentation skills.
• Strong team player; enjoys working with international teams.
• Outstanding abiulity to manage & prioritize own workload/tasks.
• Excellent communication, collaboration skills.
• Ability to work with high sense of urgency and willingness to commit the additional
• time and effort on high impact issues.
• Experience with online communications.
• Excellent English communication - writing and speaking skills.
• Familiarity with standard PC packages
• Working knowledge of CRM and Service Management ticketing systems
2-4 years of experience in customer facing engagements
LOCATION : Bangalore, India
EXPECTED TRAVEL : 0-10%
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Additional Locations :