SAP Senior DevOps Engineer, SAP Ariba Job in Bangalore, India
Requisition ID: 187500
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
SAP Ariba Cloud Engineering Services team is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to support our cutting-edge business network and commerce applications which processes over $874B of commerce annually. This is more than the total commerce processed by Amazon and eBay combined and is growing at an exponential rate!
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about designing, building, and maintaining simple, reliable, and innovative operational infrastructure and having fun while doing it.
PRODUCT TECHNOLOGY STACK
• Languages – Proficiency in one or multiple: Java, Golang, Python, Perl
• Big Data – Kafka, Hadoop, HBase, Spark, Cassandra – tools and deployment
• Messaging - RabbitMQ
• CaaS – Docker, Kubernetes
• IaaS – AWS, GCP, Azure
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
• Be the first line of defense for the development team analyzing the outages, driving the RCAs and subsequently bringing the required product enhancements from the RCAs
• Maintain a highly available, reliable production service and participate in on-call rotation
• Create software and processes to automate and improve the maintainability of cloud systems
• Design, build, manage, maintain, and scale data center infrastructure on need basis
• Support the team during weekend / public holidays during upgrade / patch process as part of call on duty.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Experience managing production Linux systems, networking, and complex distributed systems Strong system design and analytical skills are a must.
• Experience managing / configuring large fleets of hardware or to manage distributed software systems.
• Experience deploying infrastructure with configuration management tools, especially Salt.
• Experience managing software for enterprise deploying and operating a large enterprise
• Proficient in Unix/Linux tools and systems
• Strong system programing skills (shell, Python, Go, Chef, Ruby etc.)
• Experience automating the testing and troubleshooting of distributed systems
• Experience managing container based services in production using tools such as Docker
• Working experience of using Jenkins or other CI/CD Tools, Git/SVN etc
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
• Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology, majoring in Computer Science, from a reputed institute, with excellent academic records.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Proven ability to guide a team of engineers
WORK EXPERIENCE - 7-11 years
LOCATION - Bangalore
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Additional Locations :