SAP Senior Developer - S/4H - Sourcing & Procurement Job in Bangalore, India
Requisition ID: 187139
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
With S/4HANA we go into true transformational change through simplification of our core application landscape. Precisely, S/4HANA is the next generation Suite, designed with SAP Fiori and fully built on SAP HANA as the underlying platform that allows us to simplify our applications and the data model
S/4H – Sourcing & Procurement provides an embedded operational procurement process as core procurement functionality within S/4HANA Enterprise Management natively integrated into the Business Network. This core functionality supports all spend segments and transactional & plan driven procurement scenarios.
To strengthen further our team, we are looking for an experienced Senior Developer to deliver Procurement solutions in S/4HANA.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
• Play the role of a Senior Developer with superior technical leadership, communication skills and independence in decision making
• Work with teams across organizational and geographical boundaries to design and develop state of the art software applications in S/4HANA cloud and on premise
• Ability to translate a complex business requirement into a realizable technical requirement
• Work closely with Architect, Product Owner and other stakeholders to drive design and code reviews
• Author and review design and technical documentation
• Apply clean code principles: execute code reviews, code inspections, unit testing, performance measurements and other quality tasks
• Perform development tasks in a self-reliant way, in-time and in-quality
• Ability to be a go-to person in the team and mentor other developers
WORK EXPERIENCE / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• 6-10 years of experience in software development
• Strong programming background in ABAP/ABAP OO
• Excellent technical skills in ABAP Core Data Services (CDS) modelling / OData / Fiori / UI5 / BOPF / HANA
• Strong modelling skills using TAM
• Knowledge of automation test frameworks like OPA5/QUnits is desirable
• Exposure to agile development methodologies like Scrum
• Experience or functional knowledge in Procurement / SAP MM / SRM is desirable
• Exposure to all aspects of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) and customer facing experience is a plus
• Ability to work effectively in a fast paced and changing business environment. Flexibility and adaptability are must haves to be successful in this role
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong educational qualifications (Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or MCA from reputed institutes)
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Additional Locations :