SAP Senior Developer - Cloud Lifecycle Management (CLM) Job in Bangalore, India
Requisition ID: 188936
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAPs Cloud Business is the fastest growing Business Area at SAP.
Within the Cloud Lifecycle Management (CLM) area, the CLM Application Management team is providing with the Service Provider Cockpit (SPC) the central management platform and related tool and automation content development for efficient operations of the different SAP Cloud solutions in the different SAP Cloud delivery units such as the SAP Managed Cloud Delivery, S4Hana but also the SAP Software as a Service Cloud, SFSF or HCP.
The team drives the design, implementation and “productization” of the required lifecycle management tool and automation content development throughout the solution lifecycle, such as initial system/solution provisioning, solution monitoring, software maintenance, incident management, change management but also advanced business continuity services in the area of high availability and disaster recovery.
The team works in an agile mode closely with our end-users and stakeholders to provide the most efficient operations support and appealing and easy to use functionality. We are in close alignment with different product groups to bring SAPs product innovations to the cloud. We provide state of the art processes and use modern technologies like HANA and HTML5.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
As a developer within the SAP CLM Application Management Team you take over accountability for excellent execution of SAP’s Cloud strategy. You will be dealing with the full development cycle, from discussing requirements with our (internal) customers, to design, architecture, implementation, bug fixing and troubleshooting. In your role as (senior) developer you will work closely with international colleagues together on development projects with the following activities:
• Design appealing and sustainable solutions for cloud operations using test-driven methodology.
• Optimize and simplify existing processes and code (like Business By Design Development Technology related applications, HANA based single persistency, etc.).
• Perform agile prototyping to evaluate which solution fits best for cloud operations.
• Develop UIs and APIs in a model-driven way.
• Good team player and co-ordination skills, as we are working in a friendly and agile team. No shyness regarding code reviews and pair programming.
• Own topics and manage stakeholders i.e. cloud units, operations colleagues etc.
• “Can do” attitude.
• Openness to work on a significant, existing code base, and ability to dig into it and get an understanding of how “other people’s” code works.
• Willingness to master the “full stack” from UI through BO models down to modelling on the database.
• Openness towards new technologies.
• Willingness to discuss directly with end users and stakeholders, and ability to translate their expectations into simple, “easy to use” and “easy to maintain” architecture and functionality.
• Drive escalation management in case of issues.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Software Development Skills
• Proven knowledge of the Business ByDesign / AP development models (e.g. “keep the mainline running”, “walking skeleton”), technologies (Business Objects, ESF2, MDRS, UI Designer) and practices (unit tests, UI automation tests) is very much appreciated.
• Proven knowledge of fundamental web technologies, like http, SOAP, XML, REST are very beneficial.
• Experience in test-driven development as well as model-driven development is a plus
• Proven track record to thoroughly handle the work scope of an (senior) developer is a plus
• Expertise in the cloud/ hosting business ideally proven by previous employments and/ or project work in a development unit of a cloud unit is beneficial
• Proven expertise in SAPs Lifecycle Management tools as well as SAPs operations and support processes is a plus
• Expertise in agile development/ SCRUM is a plus
• Knowledge of ITIL is beneficial
• Very good analytical skills combined with the ability to work on complex topics and drive its realization in an efficient way. Strong customer focus.
• Fluent in English (verbal/written) is must have.
7-10 years’ work experience as a developer in the outlined skill and competences. Experience in working with international teams is much appreciated as CLM Application Management is globally distributed.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Additional Locations :