SAP Development Manager-AIS Job in Bangalore, India
Requisition ID: 190632
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Management
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
As you know, SAP’s vision is to help the world run better and improve people’s lives.
As THE cloud company powered by SAP HANA®, SAP is a market leader in enterprise application software, helping companies of all sizes and industries Run Simple.
We empower people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. SAP applications and services enable our customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
At SAP, we believe in the power of collaboration and empower our employees to perform at their best in an environment that encourages free and open expression of ideas. Here, you work alongside creative thinkers who share your intets, while turning big ideas into reality for our customers. With innovative job training, mentors to help you grow, and the flexibility to balance your work and personal life, you’re able to build your career. It’s no wonder that some of the sharpest minds from around the world are working for a company that is consistently recognized as a global top employer.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Application Innovation Services is a global organization supporting all customers running SAP solutions. We are part of the SAP development organization “P&I”. Our highly motivated teams include more than 1400 developers worldwide and deliver maintenance and development support across all time zones.
AIS takes the responsibility for supporting our customers and continuous innovation. We seek a Development Manager for the people and development support management.
As a development manager in AIS, you are responsible for supporting the success of not only your direct reports, but also the success of all employees within the larger organization you are part of - by helping to identify development opportunities and supporting team members to achieve their goals. You are expected to know about the members of your extended team and share insights with your peer managers. Look for opportunities to coach and recognize employees directly and provide just-in-time feedback so that employees can reflect on your input immediately.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
You will lead and manage a team of developers engaged in the Customer Support and Development.
We expect from you:
• Ability to lead a team and assess and develop your team members
• Sets clear goals with team members, inspires and supports them towards accomplishing these goals and evaluates goal achievement in a fair and understandable way.
• Creates an environment of continuous learning and improvement. Actively seeks to coach and help with personal development. Regularly offers feedback to help others develop. Supports others in setting challenging development goals.
• Responsible for building a high performing team concerning engineering and social aspects. This includes hiring the best people from within / outside the company, fostering motivation and integration of employees as well as team learning and development. Actively addresses and resolves team issues.
• Enhance the teams’ technical expertise for strategic SAP topics like ML, IoT, AI
• Provide maintenance and support for the developments delivered
• Management of smaller development projects
• Gain knowledge of the SAP domain area where the cloud qualities need to be developed
• Active and constructive collaboration with responsible stakeholders in Development, Product Support and other AIS teams
• Supports cross topics outside of his/her management scope.
• Proactively acts to understand business needs and offer solutions that align across business units; responsible for the vision of teams; strategic understanding of how the team contributes to the product strategy
• Builds action plans and makes operational decisions on policies, tactics, and resources critical to the function’s business success to ensure delivery against strategy of the function or team. Ensures strategy roll-out into own team/organization.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
BE / BTech / MCA / MS / MTech in Computer Science, Information Science, Information Technology from reputed university
Required Skills & Competencies
• Innovative Thinking
• Team Work & Collaboration
• Leadership Skills
• Drive Simplicity
• Develop Amazing Talent
• Very strong ability of analytical thinking/problem solving
• Able to present complex information in a clear and appealing manner to internal and external audiences
• Result-oriented working style
• Customer handling experience, Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, Team player and ability to work proactively, provide mentoring and directions to the team
• Ability to network across the organization, and exhibit the desire to learn, innovate and explore & lead topics
• Working knowledge of agile development principles and tools in all aspects of the software development lifecycle
• 12 Years of experience in software development
• Good working background in SAP Business Suite Applications, ideally as a developer or development manager or in a development project lead role.
• Experience building highly scalable, secure enterprise products
• Experience building cloud products is a plus
• Proven record of working with diverse teams and partners
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Additional Locations :