SAP Developer Associate Job in Bangalore, India
Requisition ID: 191469
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Developer Associate - AIS
(P&I / AIS Procurement India)
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
• You will be working for the Application Innovation Services which is a global organization supporting all customers running SAP solutions. We are part of the SAP development organization “P&I”. Our highly-motivated teams include more than 1400 developers worldwide and deliver maintenance and development support across all time zones.
• The AIS S/4HANA TCO aims to protect and grow SAP’s core business and to evolve this business into cloud by helping the customers in their digital transformation. Our primary focus is to reduce the total cost of operations (TCO) for the cloud customers. S/4HANA, SAP’s new main product, designed for the users to enjoy a new end-to-end experience.
This will be achieved by delivering the next generation Business Application SAP S/4HANA on premise and in the cloud. We are supporting customers in optimizing business processes which at times demand customization, extensibility, migration, integration services, attachments, etc.
• The primary objective is to establish yourself as a techno-functional expert who would acts as the last line of defence within SAP while supporting the product maintenance. It is expected to build/possess excellent product knowledge in the area(s) of Supplier Relationship Management (SRM)/Materials Management (MM) applications on Business Suite and S4. These applications are procurement applications, which are part of the standard SAP Business Suite. It provides a robust and a wide variety of procurement options and can be integrated with ERP.
• Along with the above, we also look for contribution to TCO tasks which calls for high technical expertise and faster learning curve with agility. The TCO development follows the Agile model with smaller work packets often unrelated to each other. The scope would be development as well as maintenance over a period. This job profile is a blend of maintenance and development and calls for a high agility and adaptability.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
We are looking for colleagues who have willingness to work in a maintenance role, have good analytical problem solving and excellent communication skills, are team players, have ability to work under pressure, know how to handle critical customer situations and those who are high on performance and Learning orientation. Since AIS continuously takes over new products/releases from development, you will continuously learn new functionality and technology
• Provide high quality of support to SAP Customers by gaining deep product expertise on the various components of the SRM / MM application.
• Resolve customer incidents at the Development Support level for the releases owned by AIS.
• Ensure high quality of corrections and Support Packages.
• Continuous improvement and optimization of support activities.
• Involvement in handover activities for new topics/releases from Development team like S4, Fiori etc.
• With TCO, contribute to the backlogs in different workstreams (extensibility, migration, integration services, attachments, etc.) to delivery cloud qualities for every cloud release.
• Need to exhibit high ownership of work and be accountable for the task assigned.
• Explore, collaborate, search, experiment and prototype.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• B.Tech. / B.E. / MCA / M.Tech. with 65% and above
• Proficiency in ABAP
• Good knowledge of Object Oriented Concepts with sound Fundamentals of Computer Science and MVC Architectural concepts
• High performance and Learning orientation
• 1 to 3 years relevant work experience
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Additional Locations :