SAP Developer -ABAP backend, SAP Digital Manufacturing Job in Bangalore, India
Requisition ID: 189628
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Job Description: Application Developer – ABAP backend, SAP Digital Manufacturing
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries run better.
SAP Leonardo brings industry-leading capabilities and products together to provide the industry’s only Digital Innovation System - built to not only drive innovation as companies explore digital transformation, but to scale that innovation and allow businesses to truly transform.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Digital Manufacturing Development organization is providing innovative end to end solutions with state of the art technology to run manufacturing operations more efficient, flexible and robust.
The project “S/4HANA Manufacturing for Production Engineering and Operations” (“PEO”) combines engineering (PLM) and manufacturing (routing, production planning and manufacturing execution) features. Therefore, it spans multiple organizations (S/4 Produce, IoT Digital Manufacturing, Custom Development, Partner) and various locations (Germany, India, US).
We’re looking for an experienced/ highly talented colleague who would be working in one of our development teams to develop best in class solutions to bring continuous business benefits to our customers.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
As Developer in our team, you will be working with a group of exceptionally talented and motivated colleagues. Our development process follows lean principles, using JIRA with custom-tailored extensions in conjunction with in-house developed software. In our team you will develop and improve our manufacturing products, as well as work closely with user interface designers and product management to deliver the best user experience for our customers.
In this fast-growing environment, this role must fulfill the following responsibilities
• You design and implement appealing and sustainable manufacturing solutions using latest tools and frameworks
• Perform detailed analysis of business processes and requirements
• You collaborate with product owners, designers, quality engineers and architects to understand user needs and requirements
• You assure high quality and stability with automated and manual tests
• You work in a cross-functional team employing an iterative, incremental approach
• Work closely with internal SAP, external partners and customer teams to ensure successful project completion
• Conduct testing activity for the functional scenarios
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Minimum experience of 5 years in backend application development.
• Experience in developing applications in ABAP including OO, also using CDS; oData know-how is welcome
• Know-how of HANA is beneficial as well
• Know-how of PP and/or PP-PI; know-how in routing would be an advantage
• Know-how in manufacturing processes, production planning and execution
• Experience with test automation tools like ABAP unit tests, eCATT, and/or START is beneficial
• Experience in agile and test-driven development as well as in scrum methodology is preferred
• Strong Customer focus.
• Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
• Excellent communication skills, able to articulate complex ideas in a structured way.
• Flexibility and openness for new challenges and tasks
• Ability to work with virtual and distributed teams.
• Quick learner, open and ready to be cross skilled to any technologies as per the need of the business.
• Strong customer and quality focus
• Team work
• Logical thinking
• Capability to handle multiple tasks in parallel
• Very good English language skills, written and spoken
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Additional Locations :