SAP ABAP Senior Developer - IBS Job in Bangalore, India
Requisition ID: 170906
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP Custom Development is a global organization that helps customers seize new market opportunities and dynamically respond to new business challenges by developing unique, individualized, customer-specific solutions on the SAP platform. Whether our customers need to extend and enhance an existing SAP solution or build an entirely new and innovative application, SAP Custom Development is able to deliver high-quality custom solutions tailored to our customers’ business needs.
The Solution Execution team within SAP Custom Development is chartered with executing custom development projects and related services, where success is measured by effectively leveraging our ability to deliver those projects on-time, on-budget and with superior quality. As part of the Solution Execution team, you will be responsible for high level business process and requirements analysis, architecting solutions utilizing appropriate technologies across various SAP components and application areas, creating solution definitions, functional specifications and design documents as required, overseeing development, support and training with all documentation, together with testing, production and go-live aspects according to the SAP Custom Development methodology.
B.Tech / M.Tech / MCA with an aggregate score of 70% or above from IIT / NIT / any Premium Institute
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• 8 years of strong SAP technology experience in multiple business and technical processes
• Extensive knowledge in the area of ERP Logistics especially Materials Management, Sales and Distribution, Production Planning, Logistics Execution, Service Parts Management. Experience in Automobile, Transportation, Logistics will be an added advantage.
• Profound ABAP development experience – ABAP, ABAP OO BOPF, S/4HANA, UI5, Odata, CDS Views
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong System Integration skills
• Experience in executing geographically distributed projects and working with culturally diverse work-groups
• Experience in leading sub-teams and delivering successful results
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
• Knowledge of other platforms and applications will be an added advantage
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
• Perform high-level analysis of customer business processes and requirements, define and architect the design of custom end-to-end solutions that meet those requirements on price/performance/scalability
• Play a ‘Trusted Advisor’ role to the customer on Technology topics
• Translate system requirements into custom solution specifications for complex and large projects
• Provide direction to development teams for custom solution realization and participate, as necessary, in coding, testing, documentation, go-live and maintenance support activities
• Jointly responsible for ensuring the quality of the solution along with the project manager
• Guide and influence team members to accomplish the team’s technical and schedule goals
• Effective change management on projects by analyzing the impact of any new requirements on the project scope & timelines
• Help the sales teams shape deals, through evaluations, estimations, and participation in the presales cycle for creating competitive positioning of Custom Development
• Driving adoption of newer cutting edge technology within the organization through knowledge sessions, adoption of the same in the solution, etc
• Work closely with other custom development team members, SAP development teams, external partners and customer teams to ensure successful project completion
• Be a multiplier of your skills by actively mentoring other technical resources on your team
• Enhance existing skills continually and seek new areas for personal development
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations :