SAP Intern, GTLC Compliance Support Job in Vancouver, Canada
Requisition ID: 163005
Work Area: Finance
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Intern
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The Compliance Technical Support position is best suited for candidates with the knowledge of programming, software development lifecycle, quality assurance, and project management. This position requires working collaboratively with a global team of compliance specialists and across teams such as development, product management, and legal. It is the perfect opportunity for candidates with solid technical skills to develop an understanding of enterprise software development and explore areas beyond writing and testing code.
This position is part of the Global Technology Legal Compliance team, whose initiative is to ensure SAP technology and products comply with standards imposed by legal requirements such as trade regulations and software licensing laws. The candidate will assist in providing support to development to ensure compliance in software-licensing, particularly Open Source. The candidate will gain hands-on experience with the tool used for license compliance, such as Black Duck CodeCenter.
This candidate must be attentive to details and possess an investigative mindset with superb oral and written communication skills. Intellectual curiosity is an asset. Candidate should thrive for achieving the highest quality of work in a fast-paced environment. Relevant training will be provided for the candidate.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
• Provide CodeCenter support to end-users (involves data entry tasks)
• Conduct a research into licensing and standards compliance of software components
• Learn existing processes and generate ideas for improvements
• Demonstrate interest, knowledge, and curiosity in the area of software licensing
• Able to work in a global environment
• Assist in other duties consistent with the team’s initiatives
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Highly motivated individual with positive work attitude who strives for excellence
• Adept at critical thinking and logic reasoning for problem solving
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Interest in understanding software licensing laws and open source licensing
• Excellent adaptability to new tools
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail
• Knowledge of high-level programming languages such as C and Java, familiarity with mobile development a plus
• Knowledge of software development methodologies and lifecycles
• Familiarity with Open Source licenses and Unix/Linux environment
• Knowledge of the current industry trends
Enrolled in a program leading to a degree in one or a combination of the following subjects*:
• Engineering Sciences
• Computer Science
• Computer Engineering
• Software Engineering
• Information Systems
• Information Technology
• Actuarial Mathematics/Science
• Science/Applied Science program with relevant courses taken in Computer Science and/or
*Candidates in other subjects with relevant education and/or work experience may be considered.
• Previous co-op or similar work experience highly recommended
• can commit for an 8 month full time internnship starting January 2018
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations :