SAP Principal Development Architect - Hybris - SAP Innovative Business Solutions Job in Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 160103
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 60%
Career Status: Management
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
SAP Innovative Business Solution (SAP IBS) is a global organization dedicated to delivering innovative custom solutions to meet our customers unique business process needs. We deliver a full lifecycle of SAP IBS services from strategic planning, risk assessment, development and quality assurance to maintenance. With development centers in US, Canada, Germany, Brazil, India, China & Japan, we are able to leverage a distributed delivery model across several locations that utilize the specific strengths of each location. To ensure excellence in execution, all development is delivered by following our solidly defined methodology. SAP Innovative Business Solution Group helps customers maximize the value of our customers' technology investments and can ultimately help to enhance their competitive advantage.
The Solution Execution team within SAP Innovative Business Solution Group is chartered with executing custom development projects and related services, where success is measured by effectively leveraging our ability to deliver those projects on-time, on-budget and with superior quality. As part of the Solution Execution team, you will be responsible for high level business process and requirements gathering and analysis, architecting solutions utilizing appropriate technologies across various SAP components and application areas, creating solution definitions, functional specifications and design documents as required, overseeing development activities on SAP Hybris eCommerce platform throughout the production and go-live using SAP Innovative Business Solution Group methodology. Therefore an in depth knowledge of the Hybris platform from a development perspective is essential. Experience in working on latest releases is a plus.
• Perform high-level analysis of customer business processes and requirements to support project evaluations with proposed solutions.
• Perform detailed analysis of customer business processes and requirements to produce custom solution specifications for complex and large projects.
• Define & architect the design for custom solutions.
• Provide direction to development teams for custom solution realization and participate, as necessary, in coding, testing, documentation and maintenance support activities.
• Participate in project quality management tasks such as peer and quality reviews of specifications, design documents and code reviews.
• Work closely with internal SAP, SAP Hybris, external partners and customer teams to ensure successful project completion.
• Be a multiplier of your skills by actively mentoring other technical resources on your team.
• Continually enhance existing skills and seek new areas for personal development.
• Advanced knowledge of and development skills in the Spring framework, experience in agile development principles and practices and Test Driven Development
• Advanced knowledge of and development skills in 2 other key SAP components are an asset.
• Have a business and result driven mindset to support SAP IBS Sales Organization in developing and driving business deals
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree highly desirable, preferably in a technical related discipline.
Work Experience / Skills:
• Requires 5 years of professional experience, 4 years of Hybris development experience
• Excellent communication skills, including written and oral; with the ability to present to large groups with confidence
Newtown Square, PA , Pala Alto, CA and Dallas, TX
Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally (overall travel typically not more than 50%, but can be 100% from time to time).
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: C at mailto:Careers@sap.com email@example.com at mailto:Careers@sap.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.