SAP Support Associate Job in Bangalore, India
Requisition ID: 162437
Work Area: Consulting and Professional Services
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
SAP PRODUCT SUPPORT
SUPPORT ASSOCIATE (SAP basis)
SAP Support is a global organization of more than 4000 engineers and experts worldwide which handles customer support incidents (24x7), provide proactive services, and share knowledge with customers to deliver first-class support for the complete SAP portfolio.
The role description below lists the primary responsibilities for a Support Associate as part of the SAP Product Support team.
EXPECTATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES Key responsibilities include:
1) Solving customer’s problem
• Resolve known errors by means of SAP’s vast knowledge base (e.g. SAP Notes, Knowledge Base articles, solved customer incidents, Infodocs, documentation, WIKI) or verifying customized entries or hardware parameters in SAP’s internal system.
• Perform root cause analysis and provide solutions
• Achieve a good level of customer satisfaction by facing them directly.
• Attend (external and internal) e-Learning Lessons, Remote Learning Sessions, Classroom Training and Coaching.
• Research, document and share knowledge through creation of SAP answers, WIKI documents, Knowledge Base articles, etc.
• Participate in weekend support/ 24x7 support activities.
• Improve product by finding and reporting errors/ bugs to development organizations.
• Participate in various SAP forums to gain and share your knowledge worldwide.
3) Using new and innovative ways to support customers.
• Contribute innovative ideas to help towards the Product Support vision of support customers in real time.
• Volunteer to participate in projects aimed at achieving the Product Support vision of new generation support.
• Work with cutting edge technology, cognitive computing, business intelligence, etc.
• Carry out new tasks as requested by team and management to help achieve the Product Support vision.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or an Engineering discipline
Overall 2 years of experience in any one ABAP/ Basis/ JAVA domain is desirable.
Excellent Problem Solving & Communication Skills
Willingness to take the initiative to contribute beyond your own responsibilities
Basic knowledge of SAP BASIS, ABAP, etc. The candidate should have good understanding of SAP Netweaver based systems.
Knowledge about Note implementation, upgrade and database migration will be an added advantage.
First hand customer handling experience
Location: Bangalore / Gurgaon
Work Area: SAP Product Support Expected Travel: 10%
Career Status: Professional.
Employment Type: regular full time.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations :