SAP Senior Director Engineering, SAP SuccessFactors Job in Bangalore, India
Job Title: Senior Director Engineering, SAP SuccessFactors
Requisition ID: 162963
Work Area: Software - Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 30%
Career Status: Director/Senior Director
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Career Level: T4/T5
Recruiter Name: Mike Woo
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
People are the heartbeat of every organization and great business results start with great people. When people are all-in, feeling supported, trained, rewarded and motivated, they do what it takes to win. As the leading cloud-based Human Capital Management(HCM) Suite, SAP SuccessFactors helps more than 4,450 customers, and 50 million cloud application subscribers, across more than 60 industries in over 177 countries tap into this heartbeat.
Supported by a global partner ecosystem and the experience and commitment of SAP, our solutions are innovative yet delivered according to your specific business needs. Through a balanced focus on both standardization and flexibility, we deliver business process expertise and best practice guidance aligned to our customers’ unique transformation journeys. Aligning business strategy to business outcomes through people is what we focus on day in and day out, what we have been helping our customers do for over 10 years and where we will be focused in the future. We believe Success is Simply Human.
The Senior Director of Engineering will be tasked with leading and executing SAP SuccessFactors’ engineering strategies for the Platform team in Bangalore. This team owns and drives major deliverables with the Cloud HCM Platform team. These are frameworks and foundational topics which are consumed by the different pillars and internal teams. This individual will face an array of challenges from a variety of engineering disciplines. As such, this individual is expected to be an avid learner, hands on, well versed in the latest cloud technologies and have delivered successful cloud products at scale. This individual will lead a large team (50 people) and must be capable of recruiting, leading, inspiring and mentoring high-performing engineers and leaders located in SAP Bangalore, India.
• Promote a culture of high-performance Agile software engineering, continuous improvement and obsession with customer satisfaction.
• Drive accountability for delivering on commitments.
• Recruit, mentor and motivate world-class engineers, architects and engineering leaders.
• Lead both operational and strategic engineering topics.
• Bring new products to market at scale.
• Partner with regional teams to drive revenue growth and customer satisfaction.
• Contribute to customer escalation management, investment priorities and engineering process improvements.
• Leadership capability in a globally distributed engineering environment.
• Ability to manage multiple workstreams, deliver on commitments and work effectively under pressure. • Principle based decision making: Prioritizes the best interests of the organization and the goals of SAP SuccessFactors over process constraints and is willing to escalate troubling issues.
• Leadership Skills & Empathy: Can recruit, train, and manage engineering talent with an understanding that a team is comprised of individual human beings who each desire to be managed with their best interest at heart, given opportunities for growth, and offered an opportunity to participate in the creation of something larger than themselves.
• Innovation: Is naturally drawn towards big, new ideas, and maintains a natural inclination to support internal innovators.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
This position is located in Whitefield, Bangalore and represents an excellent opportunity for professional growth. The individual will lead a large Cloud engineering organization responsible for rapid delivery of innovative Cloud products at scale.
• A minimum of 10 years of engineering management experience.
• Proven ability to lead large high-performing engineering teams.
• Expert in Cloud technologies and Agile enterprise software development.
• Successful track record in getting large enterprise customers live and referenceable.
• Proven ability to multi-task and deliver under pressure with the highest quality.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• Bachelor’s in Computer Science required, Master preferred.
• Fluency in English required.
• International work experience is a strong plus.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to HR Direct (Americas: email@example.com , APJ: firstname.lastname@example.org , EMEA: email@example.com ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.